Specialized Training On Child Labor
For The Philippine Labor Inspectorate
Module 1: Watching And Listening
At the end of this stage, participants should be able to produce an assessment of the working conditions of children or, in other words, a picture of the situations experienced by working children at a specific point in time.
At the end of this stage, participants should be able to:
1. Gather information about the activities of working children through the use of the Observation Guide;
2. Conduct interviews with children using the skills of
3. Demonstrate listening skills;
- asking questions; and
- creating a physically and psychologically-conducive atmosphere;
4. Discuss the child as a person and as a laborer, particularly his psychosocial development and health constraints.
5. Discuss the role of the Philippine labor inspector within the context of national and global efforts and his own personal response; and
Back to Index.